engine

1. Bob

DIY Timing Your Buick Engine, Curving your Buick Distributor

Timing Your Buick Engine, Curving your Buick Distributor This is a lesson on timing, Bob's style! Not a guarantee... Before doing any of the following, if you have points, they must be accurately adjusted! Point gap effects timing! Requires a dwell-tach. have a look in your...
  2. R

Help me identify this (supposedly) 350 please.

I just picked this engine up on FaceBook, and can't seem to identify the year. I looked at the obvious placed, but nothing is there. I do see three numbers between the two sparkplugs, looks like 110 or 116. Images are attached as well as on the imgur link. One image the passenger side exhaust...
  3. M

Engine paint

Hi all, Anyone knows the colour code for the engine paint? Engine is a 1950's straight 8 263 I have my engine pulled apart now and it needs a new coat of paint , I can't find the original color code. thanks in advance Marco
  4. H

Need help decoding a 455

My dad has a engine that we think is a buick 455 but not sure if its a pontiac or olds. The numbers stamped on it are 1241735 45H420018 There is also a 75 stamped on the block. So, im guessing its a 1975 block? We want to know what stage the motor is and hopefully what the engine came out of...
  5. 6

Engine Vibration

Hi Teambuick - I'm new to the forum and Buicks. I just bought a beautiful 1964 Skylark about 4 weeks ago. When I bought it there was an extremely bad (literally shakes the car from side to side) vibration when you rev the engine, almost as if the engine or something rotating is out of balance...
  6. A

430 vs 455 Valley Pan

Does anybody happen to know if there is a difference between the 430 valley pan and the 455 valley pan? I have a 430 and on the heads there is an opening on the top in the middle (about the width of a finger and about 2 inches long) and on the valley pan there is no cut out there? Any ideas...
  7. S

First timer question

Hello, I just purchased a 1966 Skylark and the person that I got it from knew nothing about the engine. He said that he had a friend that was working on it (not in a good way) and when I got it she was not running. The past owner has had it for about 20 years and he was working on the body...
  8. T

Need help identifying nailhead by engine number

I am purchasing a project car (1928 Model A) with a Nailhead motor to put in it. I am having trouble identifying what engine size it is. the Casting Number is 13622564. I believe it may have come out of a late 60's Wild Cat. Please Help. Edsel Townsend:finish:
  9. L

Novice needing help with 71 350 engine

I can build them but I can not evaluate them. Give me the instructions and I can do anything but without those I am dumbfounded. 1971 Buick Skylark w/1971 Buick 350/350 My 71 Skylark makes the "no oil rattle sound" when giving excelerating (hard). This sound is really bad when the engine...
  10. B

Buick 340, 2004R trans questions.

I need to link up w/ someone who knows a/b this swap I really want to do w/ both my 65/66 Skylarks. I want to put 2004r's ehind them. I need to know things like what years of that trans should get or not get? What extra parts or pieces are required to make sure everything's right? Can I use...
  11. ianmont

Looking for a 300 block after my recent "big bang". My engine threw a rod.

Sadly my newly rebuilt 300 engine ran into some problems yesterday while driving my 64' Lesabre. The engine only had about 400 miles on the freshly rebuilt engine(built by me) when it decided to throw a rod and make a sizable hole in the block. :angry: So, I'm looking for another usable 300...
  12. A

Pros and Cons of V6 vs V8 power?

Hi all, I'm a newbie, but I come in peace... honest. :D To start, I love classic cars, particularly old muscle, and have owned several non-turbo Regals. Though my dream has always been to own a Grand National, I likely will never be able to afford one. Several years ago, I owned a 72 Skylark...
  13. 5

53 Buick Straight 8 Carb Rebuild

Well after my Buick sat for 41 years before I got it, it is now time to rebuild the carb and get it running again. I cant seem to find the carb kit for it. It is a 2 barrel Stromberg with the # 385323 on the base plate of it. Another carb came with my car and it is the same one with the same...
  14. P

HELP FIND 68 GS 400 engine Code

I looked where my engine serial number was suppose to be and there's nothing there and there's a 70 where the Production code is. Is there somewhere else I could find the engine code or serial number on another part of the engine other than on the left side between the spark plugs? I also...
  15. 1

401 Nailhead help!!

hey where could i find a 4bbl carburetor for a 1963 buick lesabre?? cause the engine is a 401 nailhead with 2bbl carburator and i want something better.. and i tried looking everywhere for a 4bbl carburator for that engine and no luck..any ideas??
  16. B

Can I put a 430 in a '67 Buick Lesabre Custom Conv

I have a '67 Lesabre Custom Conv with a 340. I want to upgrade the engine to either 430 or 455. Is it possible to do this? If so, where is the best place to get one of these engines? Thanks.
  17. D

Newbie with a Buick 350 in an 81 Delta 88

I recently recieved an 1981 Oldsmobile Delta 88 as a gift, I knew that it would be needing some work, but I didn't (don't) know how much work it will need. The former owner told me that it had a Buick 350 engine in it and as me and my dad were searching for some way of identifying it found some...
  18. H

700 hp turbo V6 build

KT Engine Development is building a turbocharged V6 Buick that is an update on the great engines in the Grand Nationals from the 1980’s. This time around its going to have a much bigger turbo, modern engine management systems and more cubic inches. Planned output is in the 700-plus range. I’ve...
Back