electra

1. E

1967 430 manifold harware

Does anyone have a source for the fitting's on the intake manifold for a 67 430. They were lost we i took the engine in to get it rebuilt. Guy said you should have take them off. They lost them. So a source to get them these are the small fittings for various lines on the intake manifold.
  2. E

nailhead swap help please

I have 2 60s era buicks a 65 electra with a 425 nailhead with the super turbine 400 transmission my other car is a 68 skylark with a 350 and a th350... I want to put the nailhead and super turbine in my skylark because it is in much betterrer shape so I am curious what all I will need to...
  3. P

Mystery Clunk.

Hey guys, Here's my mystery clunk. Big slamming metal clunk (single) sound with quick acceleration. parameters: Not hard acceleration.. just quick...around 1500rpm Doesn't happen with very slow start. Doesn't happen past 20 mph. Doesn't happen in neutral. Doesn't happen in reverse. Shifts...
  4. Kiwijeff

68 Wildcat custom sports coupe

Hi there all; Kiwijeff from down here in New Zealand. I have a few Buicks; my everyday driver (check my profile pic) is a 68 wildcat custom 4DR HDTP, I've owned this car for 22 years & have done all the work on her, including painting, (caravan too); My wife's everyday driver is a 67 Electra 4DR...
  5. J

1962 electra 225. does anyone know where I can find a power antenna?

tried buick farm and a web search but I am coming up empty. Thanks
  6. W

1970 Buick Electra Limited for Sale - Runs Well

Up for auction is my 1970 Buick Electra 225 Limited. The car has a brand new top end and camshaft, which you can see in the youtube link. I had plans to restore the car but I have too many other projects and not enough money or time for all of them. Body is straight and there is minimal rust...
  7. M

Help needed...

I´m trying to figure out if i got the original engine in my -60 Electra, but i can´t find "my" engine number in any of the decoding charts... The number to the left on the engine: 4G9459 The number to the right on the engine: 6G1001475 Casting number on heads: 1190415 I belive my car is early...
  8. M

Trans rebuild Electra 1960...

Hello! Is there anyone who know the easiest way to remove the transmission from my Electra -60? Do i have to get the engine/tranny out, or is it possible to remove the trans only? Micke
  9. K

Need help with my first classic Car..

Hi I just purchased a 1969 Electra 225 (430 big block) and it's my first classic. I'm not sure where to start but I know I just want it to be a car that I could drive on a daily if I wanted to. So I mainly need advice on good engine serums and whatevr other information you may have I would...
  10. 1

Transmission part identification/location

I removed my stock '62 Dynaflow a week or so ago to get a leak repaired. My tranny rebuild guy called me and said I needed a flywheel, as mine had several teeth missing and was probably causing starter damage. I searched for a flywheel with no success then found out that's not actually what that...
  11. R

Nameplates to an electra 225

UPDATE! 06-04-2010 We're still missing the letters and numbers on the both sites on our :shield: ELECTRA 225 from 1962...!! anyone..?? :confused: ________________________________________________________ Hi I'm seaching for the nameplates to both sites on the back to my electra 225 from...
Back