1. R

15 year old fresh engine... what to do!?

Holy heck guys, I recently picked up a 1967 Riviera, and it was a long time project that never made it out of the garage apparently. So here is what I am dealing with: the 430 was rebuilt in 2002/3 and it was put back in the car with the heads and exhaust manifolds installed (valve covers just...
  2. E

1967 430 manifold harware

Does anyone have a source for the fitting's on the intake manifold for a 67 430. They were lost we i took the engine in to get it rebuilt. Guy said you should have take them off. They lost them. So a source to get them these are the small fittings for various lines on the intake manifold.
  3. A

430 vs 455 Valley Pan

Does anybody happen to know if there is a difference between the 430 valley pan and the 455 valley pan? I have a 430 and on the heads there is an opening on the top in the middle (about the width of a finger and about 2 inches long) and on the valley pan there is no cut out there? Any ideas...
  4. R

430 Into "64 LeSabre Oil Pan??

Hello everyone, I have an opportunity to possibly upgrade to a 430 from my original 300 2bbl! I am about ready to make the leap as I have come across what I believe to be a good candidate for the swap...my question is in regards to the oil pan. The seller of the motor mentioned that he doesn't...
  5. elagache

TA exhaust headers for 455 transplant to 65 Special?

Dear Team Buick members, I'm continuing to try to figure out how to stuff my recently acquired Buick 430 in my 1965 Buick Special wagon. The puzzlement for today is how to get the exhaust out. Option-1 is to use the cast iron exhaust manifolds that came with the engine. I have evidence that...
  6. K

Need help with my first classic Car..

Hi I just purchased a 1969 Electra 225 (430 big block) and it's my first classic. I'm not sure where to start but I know I just want it to be a car that I could drive on a daily if I wanted to. So I mainly need advice on good engine serums and whatevr other information you may have I would...
  7. 6

67 GS 400-- Right Heads and Intakes?

Found a 67 GS 400 with what appears to be the correct engine block, but numbers on heads and intake manifold are for 69 430 engine. Anybody have an idea why such a change would have been made? Anybody know where correct heads and intake are available for a 1967 GS 400? According to Team Buick...
  8. B

Can I put a 430 in a '67 Buick Lesabre Custom Conv

I have a '67 Lesabre Custom Conv with a 340. I want to upgrade the engine to either 430 or 455. Is it possible to do this? If so, where is the best place to get one of these engines? Thanks.
Back