1. L

1962 Special Trans Upgrade

Hey Buick fans... I have a 1962 Special with the 215 and stock automatic. I would like to upgrade the trans with a more modern unit, preferably an overdrive. I know there are suppliers for adapters to fit more common bolt pattern transmissions. I am thinking a 200r4 or maybe a ZF with a Rover...
  2. F

1962 Special Convertible 215 no crank problem

Hey, first post, so I want to start with a "right on" to everyone on here who is lending a hand to all of us learners. I really appreciate it! I am just starting to troubleshoot my GF's ol' 62 convertible Special, with a 215 fireball. I don't have any Buick experience, but I do have some 60's...
  3. B

The small block casting number project

Given that documentation on the small block casting numbers seems to be very thin I thought that perhaps it would be a good idea for us Buick fans to get a little organized and report what we're seeing out in the field. I have a couple of engines that I'll have to get numbers from. Here's the...
  4. I

Will a 232 Bolt up to a 62 SPECIAL Dual Turbine Transmission ????

Will a 231 Bolt up to a 62 SPECIAL Dual Turbine Transmission ???? Motor Mounts , Clearance Ect ???? It looks like you can do so much more with the newer Fireballs. I haven't seen a lot of high performance parts for my 198 V6. It doesn't seem to be worth it to put in a 215. The horsepower...
  5. R

215 swap out

any one know a buick engine (not the rover v8 lookin fer somethin bigger) that will bolt into a 62 skylark. lookin fer something where motor mounts will fit no fabracation. trans doesnt matter
  6. R

engine swap

i have a 62 skylark with a 215. this engine is givin me a headache. does anyone know another engine that would just bold in to the the car?
Back