Search results

1. O

Looking to buy a 67 Riviera and need help with codes

When you first open the 67 page toward the top is a listing Vin Body number Ect Ect Go to body number it shows D is Atlanta. At the bottom of the list is option codes click it and pick Riveria. It's a sort of option check list like you'd see when you bought it new with the option codes and...
  2. O

Looking to buy a 67 Riviera and need help with codes

Go to the reference section at the top of the page. Find and click the box 67. Got to the trim reference chart and look up your codes. This site is an amazing place and it's all self serve.
  3. O

Looking for original tires for my 67 Buick Elecetra 225

The 1 inch white wall was pretty much a standard across the industry at that time. The 8.85-15 morphed onto an L 78-15. The 225-15 radial sizing continued until the P metric system was adopted. The sizing did change somewhat so the closest radial size in height today is actually a 235/75-15.
  4. O

Parting 95 Caprice Parts Fit 91-96 Roadmaster Impala Fleetwood and Custom Cruiser

oldfoneguy submitted a new listing: Parting 95 Caprice Parts Fit 91-96 Roadmaster Impala Fleetwood and Custom Cruiser - Parting 95 Caprice Parts Fit 91-96 Roadmaster Impala Fleetwood and Custom Cruiser Learn more about this listing...
  5. O

Parting 95 Caprice Parts Fit 91-96 Roadmaster Impala Fleetwood and Custom Cruiser

I'm parting out a 95 Caprice sedan. Most body and interior parts fit 91-96 Roadmaster Sedan and Wagon, 93-96 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, 91-92 Olds Custom Cruiser Wagon. All parts fit 94-96 Impala SS and of course 91-96 Caprice. The Roadmaster Estate and Custom Cruiser wagon body is...
  6. O

Alternator charging at 15V?

Great news John!
  7. O

Alternator charging at 15V?

At what point John? When first started it's going to charge at a higher rate than it would after it was running for say half an hour. If it does stay up at that point there is adjustment in the voltage regulator. If you don't have a service manual for your car look up your year and model in...
  8. O

1966 Wildcat 2 door Sport Coupe

Good deal Chuck. Having a trustworthy mechanic is an absolute necessity. Merry Christmas!
  9. O

Bought when drunk, but here it is: 1968 Riviera

Hello Hienz. Many a questionable decision has been made in an alcohol fog including marriage! Congratulations on your new toy. I also have found factory repair manuals to be somewhat vague. The way it was explained to me is the manual was an extension or update of factory training and you...
  10. O

Chuck I have electrical gauges. They are super easy to install and should be for a guy with your background. No need to drill huge holes for senders through the firewall. Yes mechanical gauges may be just a tick more accurate but we're not racing these things full out and these work fine. I...
  11. O

Hey Chuck, well these cars can easily cruise along with traffic all day long and that's fine but be aware when it comes to panic stopping it's more like ice skating than stopping compared to any modern vehicle. 2 weeks ago I went for a nice cruise just me and the Electra still putting break-in...
  12. O

Are these firm ok???

Erik I don't know if you did your transaction with them on-line but they do have a phone number. 256-835-7107. They are located in Oxford, Alabama. You can call them directly and inquire about your order or send them an email with your questions. If you have an order number keep it close by...
  13. O

Hi from FRANCE

Beautiful car, Congratulations.
  14. O

67 Skylark engine size

An original engine with original paint tends to fade to an orangish shade of red. If you put Chevy orange next to it you will see the difference and the red pigments show up. Just rebuilt and painted my engine this year. If you really want to see what the original color looked like pull the...
  15. O

Borg Warner (Tremec) T-56 in a 73 Electra?

Try running an ad on the Hemmings Motor News website, or any other classic car specific media in your area. Even the regular used car websites have classic car sections. I believe stick shift Buicks have a specific crankshaft. There would be an enormous amount of fabrication needed to set up...
  16. O

Borg Warner (Tremec) T-56 in a 73 Electra?

The car does have some value and will sell eventually, posting it on the right venue is important. These are not like the downsized ones that came after which are worthless. You have to realize that anyone who is looking for an Electra isn't looking for a stick. Advertise properly it will sell...
  17. O

Really in trouble on my GS400 rear

I was able to get in depth on the engine today and the distributor gear pin sheared. This is directly related to what he did as he pulled the pump cover to repair the oil leak. The gaskets between the booster plate cover and pump body were leaking from new. That was solved but the distributor...
  18. O

Dual Master cylinder For 1966 Buick Special

Dual master, distribution block, lines and you will probably have to change the activation rod from the pedal that engages the master. The dual cylinder rod goes in a little deeper than the single. eta: try and source everything from a 67 donor. This would be a perfect time to upgrade to power...
  19. O

I wasn't passing blame on your problem just a suggestion for the cause. You know it sux that most of us can't do everything on our cars and you have to hand them off to so called professionals for this or that and they screw it up and charge for it. Heck I could have screwed it up myself for...
  20. O

Do an ebay search for Buick 8.2 spider gears. A set came up for $121.45. There may be even better options in that price range. Do a computer search or check Jegs.com, Summitracing.com ect. They're out there but if your blowing out spider gears you have bigger problems that you need to find...