Search results

1. J

Bench Testing a 1964 Skylark wiper motor

My apologies... It opened up for me.. If you wish to look at it, the NAPA part number is Part #: RAY 49120 It 'looks' correct in the photo (although it's missing the gasket and two of the grommets, which I would replace anyway. Thanks
  2. J

Here is the NAPA part... https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/RWM49120?partTypeName=Windshield+Wiper+Motor&keywordInput=wiper+motor
  3. J

I would have to drill out three rivets on the motor casing to access the mechanism. At this point, I will either get a re-manufactured motor or have mine rebuilt. Not sure which way to go yet.. The rebuild is $100 more than the re-manufactured unit :'(
  4. J

The 'switch' in the dash appears to be working correctly. The fault is within the motor.
  5. J

I tested the motor after I removed it from the car. A friend found a good reference on testing them (I posted it earlier). I confirmed that the park mechanism isn't working... Thanks.
  6. J

I found two people who rebuild the motors, both in South Carolina. It would cost $180-200 to have it rebuilt. I can purchase a remanufactured one from ADAP for $80. I am conflicted! I would like to keep the factory original motor, but not sure it's worth $100 extra to do that... What would...
  7. J

Thank you.. I have original 64 chassis and body manuals, so I am all set there. I appreciate it though.
  8. J

A friend found a good write up on buick wiper motors. I followed the instructions and confirmed that the motor is NOT parking. At least it's not the wiring! The choice now is to rebuild or replace. Replacements run from 70-80 all the way to 150.. Plus new gaskets and grommets.
  9. J

Thank you! I already have the '64 chassis manual.. I looked there before but missed it. I found it this time. Has exactly what I need to troubleshoot. I suspect that the park relay is broken, but I will go through step by step. The next big decision is whether to just buy a replacement or...
  10. J

Thank you! The motor in that diagram has 4 terminals, mine only has 3... Is there another diagram for that one? Can you send a picture of the cover of the manual so I can get one myself? John
  11. J

Good morning, I have a 1964 skylark convertible. Although the wipers work on BOTH high and low speeds, they will not stop. I have replaced the switch already. I have a attached a picture of the wiper motor. It has three terminals and a ground strap. I suspect that the parking mechanism of...
  12. J

This is my 64 skylark convertible..

Here are two photos not from facebook. The first is last summer before the body/paint project started. The second is the way it looks today.. 70% of the paint/body work is complete...
  13. J

Proud owner of a '64 skylark convertible. Also a board member of the Minuteman Chapter of the...

Proud owner of a '64 skylark convertible. Also a board member of the Minuteman Chapter of the Buick Club of America
  14. J

This is my 64 skylark convertible..

Gracie has been in the body shop since early February (8-ish months now). Hopefully it will be back on the road in it's factory 'Diplomat Blue Poly' paint for at least one ride before it has to be put away for the winter... oh well
  15. J

Help!!

the timing cover on my 1964 Sklylark with a 300 cu in engine was damaged by improper maintenance before I purchased the vehicle. The mechanic is going through the engine now to replace gaskets and seals and wanted to replace the timing cover. I ordered (what should have been the correct)...
  16. J

Transmission data decode

Hi, I have a 64 Skylark with the 2-speed automatic transmission. Just had everything cleaned up and found the transmission plate. I am pretty sure the '35' at the top is the model number and the '64' in the lower left corner is the model year. '298' is probably the sequential number...
  17. J

Tool advice needed

Hello, In preparation for a complete paint job, and in order to save a bunch of $$, I want to as much disassembly on my '64 skylark convertible as possible. I want to remove all of the bumpers, trim, and interior. I know that the trim and interior removal requires some specialized tools, but...
  18. J

Fabrication help/question

I have absolutely zero fabrication skills/tools, but would like to mount one of these: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07F84VVB4/?coliid=IO39QO1GUFT1Y&colid=3SCSIGGPYZJG9&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it in my 1964 Skylark Convertible. I have gone through several options (some of them on here), like...
  19. J

Adding circuits to a 64 skylark

Hi, Over the winter, I hope to add some electrical components to my '64. Rather than try to tie into existing fuses, I am considering adding a 4 or 6 terminal distribution block with blade fuses under the dash. Being a good little paranoid, I am thinking of wiring the distribution block...
  20. J

Shop manuals

Have a '64 skylark convertible in decent shape, looking to purchase chassis and body manuals.. I see that Rock Auto has two versions one from 'Dave Graham" and the other from "Bishko".. Has anyone purchased one of these or can explain the difference? (I am not looking a the CD versions but the...