Search results

1. Y

1966 Wildcat 2 door Sport Coupe

Stick with the Quadrajet if you can. Very elementary once youve done one. Follow Cliffs instructions or just let him do it. I have a new Edelhoser 800 CFM with dyno time and maybe 200 miles on it for sale with the manual and some tuning parts. Electric choke too. Id like to get about 200.00 U.S...
  2. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Started to survey the bad lower rear window corners. New channels are about 100.00 but I really dont need but about <6 inches on both ends. Think Im gonna try a field repair with steel. Also pulled the headliner down. There were some mouse holes when I got it. So I cut out about 6x6 inch square...
  3. Y

Hello from BC Canada

Excellent! Assuming (!) you can get your pics from your phone or a camera to a filing system, its a breeze. Just to keep my 3-400 pics a month in order, I name the file(s)2019 DECEMBER, for instance. The easiest way to get there is go to the lower left corner of the screen an find the MS icon...
  4. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Got the trunk finished and I'd give it a 98. Good enough for me! On to the rear glass. Its out, intact, and now cleaning the window channel, and going to order som channel replacement pieces to weld in. This area has always been an achilles heel! Bill in TR
  5. Y

Hello from BC Canada

Nice Sled! If you are on a desktop, Ill be happy to walk you through picture sizing. If youre doing it from a droid thing, go to 65GS.com and seek out help from Edouard (ELEGACHE) over there. He has that system down pat! Good luck, Bill in Two Rivers, Wi.
  6. Y

Drive shaft removal?!?

^^^ 2X LOL... ws
  7. Y

Need some help, want to test run a 425. How can it be done with out the Transmission on it.

From the OPs first post, I gathered there was an early Dynoflow behind the 425 with a ring gear attached to the trans/TC. ws
  8. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Guess it was time to devote a thred to the '64 Special GX 465. This is 11-1/2 months old to me right now. So far all the suspension and double brake system has been done,along with a totally fresh 465 CI BBB (+.040) and a super T-10 4 speed. She's a peeler. Drove it about 500 miles last summer...
  9. Y

Need some help, want to test run a 425. How can it be done with out the Transmission on it.

Without the trans's main shaft keeping the torque converter rotor on center its gonna need some stoppem' from floppin'. The best bet would be to fix a used trans main shaft (and pump drive shaft) into the TC. Damage and a TON of balance issues will ensue otherwise. No other nailhead guys have...
  10. Y

Drive shaft removal?!?

Engine and trans out yet? I shouldve mentioned to install a plastic tail shaft plug or drain the trans oil before the lift. You have a giant mess on the floor. Bill https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=transmission+tailshaft+plugs&_sacat=0
  11. Y

Fuel Pressure - 3 Rochester 2bbl's 1957 364 w/cam

6-1/2 psi should be adequate. You may have to experiment with starvation or oversupply. If those are clear plastic supply lines to each carb, please change them! Theyll get brittle with engine heat and fuel, and at 6-1/2 psi will present a substantial "fuel loss". Bill
  12. Y

Drive shaft removal?!?

Just stuck in the "fit"? ws
  13. Y

Drive shaft removal?!?

Unbolt the rear U joint and get a big screw driver or a small bar behind in and "force" the joint out of the saddle on the differential yoke. The DS should move forward about 1/2", and drop out of the saddle. DO NOT REMOVE THE BEARING CAPS! Unless you are going to replace the joint. Theres about...
  14. Y

4 speed transmission cars with passenger side speedometer cable location?

With 2 old Buicks, an old Harley and an old 36 foot Chris Craft, AND having been a machinist in a coal fired power plant for 30 years (cornerstone was laid in 1923!), I learned to make most of my stuff especially if its one-off. Just passing this along, but I bought the 7 piece pan and brace...
  15. Y

Glad its all coming together for ya... Im a cheap son of a gun, so I made my own cable clamps for the lower trans bolts. Im retired with a lot of time; the only deadline is to be done by spring LOL. FWIW, I didnt use a 90* drive, rather just straight into the side with a longer cable. So now...
  16. Y

My 1970 455/4 speed AND my 1964 V6/3 on the tree all had the cables enter the trans on the drivers side. The '64 was just converted by me to a 455 (465 CI BBB) and a super T-10 which is on the passenger side. I used the same hole and on the '64 increased the cable from "about 50" to 80"). The...
  17. Y

DiNoc?

This is from 3M direct! Hope it helps... Bill...
  18. BADLASS

Comment by 'yachtsmanbill' in item 'BADLASS'

Thanks Bob! The saga continues with the new trunk floor today! Bill
  19. Y

1964 SKYLARK GAS TANK SENDING UNIT

I just replaced my tank for a fresh 455/4 speed conversion. I purchased a stainless 1965 unit which is a 90 ohm part. The 64 gage runs at 30 ohms. It works fine but bounces a little bit more. No biggy. The sender is 3/8 with new line all the way up to the 455 fuel pump. The pumps all come with a...
  20. BADLASS

BADLASS

Picked this up last Christmas (11 months ago). Grammas car with 38K stored since 1980. Was a V6 with a 3 on the tree.