Search results

1. Y

Edelhoser 800 CFM carb

yachtsmanbill submitted a new listing: Edelhoser 800 CFM carb - Edelhoser 800 CFM carb View the entire listing here...
  2. Edelhoser 800 CFM carb

Edelhoser 800 CFM carb

This carb was brand new with a tuning booklet and a few spares. Has dyno time and about 50 miles on it. Electric choke. Theres a Q jet adapter plate included. It wouldnt fit with my air cleaner and hood. $200.00 plus shipping. Also a V6 or V8 manual bellhousing. I used this exact model behind...
  3. Spares from my 1964 Buick Special DeLuxe 2 door post

Spares from my 1964 Buick Special DeLuxe 2 door post

Got the BADLASS almost fully back together (2nd year on the street now!) and finally finished up with the paint last winter. The car is a 1964 Buick Special DeLuxe two door post. Had a V6 with a 3 on the tree. I have a "Pretty darn nice" set of tail lights with nice ruby red lenses and "minor...
  4. Y

Spares from my 1964 Buick Special DeLuxe 2 door post

yachtsmanbill submitted a new listing: Spares from my 1964 Buick Special DeLuxe 2 door post - Spares from my 1964 Buick Special DeLuxe 2 door post View the entire listing here...
  5. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Wowee!! two months again. Been a heck of a lousy summer, but its almost done. The wheels are indeed Chevy Rally's, but thats what Buick used in '64 and 65. I do plan on getting some repop Buick centers, then bnp one will be the wiser. The fresh motor (465"!) runs super. The only complaint is...
  6. Y

425 NailHead rebuild-Need advice

Nows the time to upgrade to a 455 with a turbo 400... never look back! Bill in TR
  7. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

I cant believe its been a month since I was over here... I was led astray by the race wars going on across the hall LOL... Probably put 3-400 miles on it this summer. Runs flawless and gets nothing but compliments! Ive driven this girl way more than the '72 XGS this year, but now its 90F outside...
  8. Y

revised engine hard to turn over

Stupid first step... squirt some oil in the cylinders; HELP? The only other two issues would be piston rings with an inadequate end gap, or a bearing thats too tight. If the engine was out, I'd recommend just loosening the rod bearings enough to roll it over. If it frees up the bearings were...
  9. Y

Floorpans for a 63 'lark

The trunk frame kit is still available. OFFERS??? Plus shipping. Look up the kit before the offer tho. They are still factory wrapped and BRAND NEW! Bill
  10. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Thanks steve... cast a circle for me Wednesday when I get the extra quart of clear, touch up some blue, and lay the new CC on! Bill
  11. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

So the 400 was a step above the 220 to cut the glaze. That CC is tuff stuff. 220, 400 then finally 600 all by hand with a sanding sponge wrapped with the 600. My hands havent been that clean in 30 years! For kicks, I ordered another quart of clear. The whole job so far used 1/2 the gallon can...
  12. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

I started out trying to get down to the basecoat, by back scraping with a razor blade and some sanding. It was going slow, but OK, until I blew some air to dust it off and the air caught a little divot in a corner. That lifted the clear right off the base coat. Unbelievable. I grabbed a roll of...
  13. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Just an update... Got the color on and it took 2/3 of a gallon, i.e. 3 quarts ish. Got nice deep even coverage. Then came the clear. Made a mess out of that part, so its back to class for a chapter on remedial painting. Yikes! Bill
  14. Y

Anyone else driving their old girls yet

Cant wait! Gonna try and paint tomorrow! Bill
  15. Y

Wanted 1959 Buick station wagon

This was on Hemmings... Bill https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2013/02/15/buick-caballero-pontiac-catalina-among-fifties-standouts-at-verde-museum-sale/
  16. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

So while everyone slept, I managed to get all the wet sanding done. Did the whole job with 320 and some 400. I think its pretty acceptable. Today I am rigging some extra lighting and plan on tossing a bucket of paint at it saturday or Sunday. After the initial sand the other day, I found a ding...
  17. Y

Here's the link for one of them... I do accept checks LOL... This one is a restomod 2 door. Bill https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/fl20/palm-beach/lots/r0016-1959-buick-invicta-station-wagon-hot-rod/840360
  18. Y

How about a '59(?) wagon hardtop. That has no post between the doors. Theres one for sale on V8 Buick. Mucho $$$ Bill
  19. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Went to a swap meet in West Bend Wi yesterday and picked up a 1979 Nova washer tank and bracket for 10.00 and a new (no box) northern industrial jitterbug air sander for 19.00--- NO TAX either! With 320 paper on there and doing it wet, it makes light work outa that process. The other day I...
  20. Y

BADLASS IS WELL UNDERWAY

Once ya start, ya cant stop. After getting the gun and mix right, the repairs still needed to get sanded to "break the skin". I ended up re sanding the whole car, and giving it a nice wipedown with a fresh hot, wet towel. I then made up a quart of primer and recoate to whole car again. Great...