New to Team Buick!

redapache59

redapache59Member

I have finally joined team Buick! I've been on the lookout for a 1956 Century for about 15 years and after some very, very near misses; I have gotten my car! It's a mostly original car as far a body and paint go. The short story is car was found in central valley in Cali about 13 years ago having last run in the 68...26,000 miles. The gentleman I bought it from got it going (engine/gas tank/transmission/brakes) and drove it to some local events. He said he put about 1000 miles on it in his ownership.. I am still waiting on shipping, this is the first car I've ever bought across country but I couldn't let this one get away! I'll post in the garage section shortly with the car. I do have lots of questions, I'm way more knowledgeable on Chevy's.
My go to source as been hometownbuick.com, are there others I should be looking at for information?
What is you go to source for parts?

I use oldbuickparts.com and Fusick for parts. Both have catalogues you can
view online or buy or download. Steeles has all the rubber products you need.
They will make up a pamphlet just for your car with all the parts.
I live in Canada and have to get all parts out of New Jersey.

You can also find parts on Rockauto.com

Thank you for the reply, I happened to just find oldbuickparts.com yesterday and download the catalogue. I was pleasantly surprised by how much they had available. Not surprised that the parts are a little more pricey than stuff in my Chevy catalogue. At this time, I'm still waiting on shippers (not to get here but actually meet a quote given and schedule a time), I haven't put eyes on this car yet myself and it's killing me!

From the detailed inspection pictures, I did put together a hypothetical build sheet and my only unknowns are easy eye glass (nothing on cowl tag) so maybe no and whitewall tires. The big surprise to me is that car has the dual exhaust with the Roadmaster rear bumper (chrome tips that come through the bumper).

You will find parts available for models up to 1955 and from 1957 on, but 1956 seems
to be a strange year especially for the Roadmaster.

When you look in the manual for 1956 and cannot find what you want, go to 1955 or also
try 1957. Have fun and hopefully it all turns out for you.

You will find parts available for models up to 1955 and from 1957 on, but 1956 seems
to be a strange year especially for the Roadmaster.

When you look in the manual for 1956 and cannot find what you want, go to 1955 or also
try 1957. Have fun and hopefully it all turns out for you.
Beautiful Car BTW

Back