EFI Carb problem

OZ40

Hi Gang, got a technical question. Having a Holley Sniper EFI 2 BBL carb installed on my 1960 Buick LeSabre (364 engine). Problem: If I give it gas or otherwise rev the engine when the transmission is in Park or Neutral the starter engages. In drive, reverse or low no problem. How do I handle this problem? It's a situation unique to pedal-start option cars I guess. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi Gang, got a technical question. Put a Holley Sniper EFI 2 BBL carb on my 1960 Buick LeSabre (364 engine). Problem: If I give it gas or otherwise rev the engine when the transmission is in Park or Neutral the starter engages. In drive, reverse or low no problem. How do I handle this problem? It's a situation unique to pedal-start option cars I guess. Any help would be appreciated.

A view of or explanation of your starting circuit will help. EFI carb?

Ben

The 2 BBL Holley Sniper is a new EFI (electronic fuel injection) 2 BBL carb. i decided to switch to this to avoid vapor lock, hard starts and choke problems. The vacuum switch that activates the gas pedal starter when the car's ignition is turned on and the trans is in the Park or Neutral position was built into the body of the old carb.

Ok OZ, that is what I thought you were meaning.
When I did EFI on my '50 and lost the vacuum switch I just installed a pushbutton in its place. Is that what you did? With the vacuum switch gone I have no idea what is activating the starter. Seems something is out of whack.

Ben

if that doesn't work call Dave at 530-306-3070 i quarentee he can find the problem. you will need a lap top plugged in and wifi so he can see whats going on but he is really good

Back