Where to find neutral safety switch

B

buickbonehead

I'm looking for a neutral safety switch for a '65 Wildcat floor shift. Local parts house only goes back to '68 (which is different). Anyone know where to find one?

do you really need that switch? because if not, why not just jump over it with some extra wire.

there should only be 3 wires going to the switch
(hot, ground and switched)

The switch is not required. I have it jumped now. There are only two wires for the neutral safety portion. I want it because it also controls the reverse lights. Just trying to be as complete as possible on this restore.

The part number on the 65 Wildcat console shift switch is a 1371068. Buick parts books indicate this same switch was used on some, but not all 65-68 models. Cars using it were the 65-66 models with ST400 transm, 67-68 long console Wildcat and Riviera, 65-66 long console cars with ST300 transm, and the 65-66 LeSabre. As far as my resources indicate, no other GM brand used it.

This kind of part shows up sometimes in odd lots of stuff on ebay. Some old-time Buick dealers or AC-Delco parts places might have one. Though lifespan might be limited, there are probably some still left in junkyards.

Thanks Todd. Much appreciated. I am better armed to find it now that I have a part #.

Back